Newsletter / Blog
Is fever and inflammation a good sign?
Having a fever can be unpleasant but it is a sign that your body is fighting an infection.
Fever releases white blood cells, increases metabolism and stops certain organisms (pathogens) from multiplying.
So what do you do when you do have a fever?
If you or someone you're caring for has a fever, follow these steps to break the fever:
- Take your temperature and assess your symptoms. If your temperature runs 100.4°F (38°C) or higher, you have a fever.
- Stay in bed and rest.
- Keep hydrated at all times. Drinking water, iced tea, or very diluted juice to replenish fluids lost through sweating. But if keeping liquids down is difficult, suck on ice chips.
- Naturo's Migraine drops and - Immune Support will assist in breaking the fever and helping the body to fight the infection. (Find Immune Support and Migraine drops at PRODUCTS at main menu to order)
- Stay cool. Remove extra layers of clothing and blankets, unless you have the chills.
- Take tepid baths or using cold compresses to make you more comfortable. Cold baths, ice cube baths, or alcohol baths or rubs can be dangerous and should be avoided.
- But no matter what the number on the thermometer reads, if you have any concerns consult your doctor.