Newsletter / Blog
How to care for your Immune System...
A healthy Immune System will keep you healthy during winter months and will keep the infections away.
Your Immune System can become depressed too, and it is important to know what to do to keep your military system up and running at all times. When you look after your Immune System it will be easy to wear of any infection trying to attack your body.
Here are a few things to consider to keep your Immune System ready at all times
- Get between 6 and 8 hours of sleep at night. 8 hours is preferable.
- Too much sun can be damaging to your Immune System. It can also lead to skin cancer in the long run. 10 Minutes outside a day, gives you all the Vitamin D you need.
- Stress has an significant effect on your Immune System. During stress, cortisol, adrenaline and other hormones get realeased from the adrenal gland. If you are stressed for long periods of time, stress hormones affect the way your body functions over time.
- Laughter helps your Immune System by releasing Dopamine and other feel-good chemicals in the brain, which helps decrease stress.
- Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Remember to wash your fruit and veggies in salt water to kill pathogens living on it.
- Get enough exercise, 3-5 times a week for 20 - 40 minutes.
- Wash your hands at all times, especially before a meal.
- Do not visit people with viral infections of serious illnesses.
- Keep your weight down.
- Do not misuse alcohol.
- Do not smoke.
- Keep up with your vaccinations, especially if you are above 60 and below 3 years of age. Many people doesnt agree with vaccinations, please keep your eye on the Blog if you are not sure about vaccinations...will discuss it shortly!
Wellbeing is made up of healthy eating, physical health, emontional nurture, mental stimulation, focus, clarity and spiritual nourishment. We need a complete approach that meets our needs in each of these areas.