'Hormotional' is a very good description of Menopause...feeling strong emotions brought on by hormonal fluctuations.
Menopause is defined as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. Menopause can cause many changes in the body. The symptoms are the result of a decreased production of estrogen and progesterone in your ovaries.
Symptoms may include:
- Hot flashes
- weight gain
- vaginal dryness (thinning of the vaginal tissues)
- Can increase the risk of osteoporosis
- Some women experience joint and muscle pain
- Bone density loss - increasing risk of fracture in any bodypart
- Walking, as little as 2 kilometres a week, helps to rebuild your bone health
- Getting enough calcium is very important to keep bone density healthy. Eat calcium rich food and use a calcium and vitamin D supplements
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables
- Avoid trigger foods, like caffeine, alcohol and food that are sugary and spicy
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Eat food that are high in phytoestrogens. These food include; soybeans, tofu, flaxseeds, lin- and sesame seeds. Beans are also high in phytoestrogens